Saturday 17 March 2012

Our Duty


Its been 11 years since I first started Madressa. Its been an exciting 11 years. Tackling mid-term tests, coursework and exams since I was 4 years old and striving to rank 1st, 2nd or 3rd in my very competitive class. However, now, as I leave it is time to put all that I have learnt; all the knowledge I have accumulated and put it into action and advocate the message that Rasoolollah taught through the two weighty things he has left us: The Holy Qur'an and The Ahlul-Bayt.  




It is now time to portray Islam in its true light and not what the Media portrays Islam as. It is sad to think that people are being manipulated by the media and being lead into thinking that the very small group of extremists represent every Muslim. This is but far from the truth. 




I have always wondered what my duties as a British Muslim are? It was only two weeks ago that I was sitting in a discussion about Islamism and what it means to be a British Muslim in the 21st Century. 
Does it just mean to be aware of what is being said about Islam in the media? 
Does it mean to respond to what is being said about Islam in the Media? 
Is it to unite us with our brother from the Ahle-Sunnah? 
Is it to SHOW the public, the people around us, that Islam is a religion based around peace? 




However you decide to complete your duty as a Muslim in the current situation, when Allah (swt) asks us on the Day of Judgement 'Did you complete your duty as a Muslim in the 21st century?' We should at least be able to reply saying 'I tried..' 




Inshallah we will be able to answer this question as lovers of our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and his progeny and we will all be granted with paradise in the hereafter. Ameen 

No comments:

Post a Comment